Homemade Treatment That Helps Prolong Highlights, Heal Scalp Issues, Or Help With Thinning Hair!


Have you heard of Lemongrass essential oil? I had never heard of it until I did some reading on how to prolong the life of highlights. Then I went on to read about the many uses of it for hair besides highlight preservation. It also helps balance oily hair and scalp, helps promote volume in thinning hair, and can even heal bacterial infections of the scalp and skin. 

For the purpose of this post I will just be giving a recipe on a homemade hot oil treatment using the Lemongrass essential oil, but I encourage you with any of the problems I listed above, to look deeper into this oil and see if it can help you. I will most likely be posting more recipes in the future using this oil as it seems to be a diversely useful oil. 

You Will Need:
Carrier oil (coconut, jojoba, grapeseed, or almond oil) 
Lemongrass essential oil

*Measurements: 1 teaspoon of your carrier oil per 1-2 drops of the Lemongrass essential oil. Tailor this amount according the length of your hair. 

Step 1: Measure the oil according to the amount needed as stated above.
Step 2: Warm the oil in the microwave or on the stove. Be careful not to overheat the oil. You want it warm but not scorching.
Step 3: Add essential oil based on the amount needed as stated above.
Step 4: Work this oil through damp, towel dried hair.
Step 5: Wrap in a shower cap and let sit for at least one hour then shampoo out using a gentle shampoo.   

Enjoy!

XOXO - Angel Lee ❤  

3 comments :

TwentyThirty GLAM said...

LOVE this post! I need to get some Lemongrass oil asap bc I love hair treatment like this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Star Light said...

Nice, didn't know about lemongrass oil :) gona try it ^_^

http://www.thestarlight92.blogspot.com/

Makeup DeMon said...

Nice post. I like DIY posts a lot :) And actually this is the first time I hear abour lemongrass oil. Looks like it is a very good product.

Following your blog, hope you'll follow me back ;)


Makeup Demon blog
Makeup Demon Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Hello Love! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis